Saturday, 1 August 2015
When I started my quest to eat clean, coconut oil was top of the list to experiment with.
Coconut Oil has been given lots of recent worldwide exposure due to it's endless health benefits. As well as incorporating into your diet, there are many other uses for this product which can be found here
If you haven't heard of Cocan let me introduce you to them and explain a bit more about their ethos.
Cocan's Coconut Oil is grown in Sri Lanka.They are passionate about the power of coconuts and health. They aim to educate and advise as many people as possible to live a healthier life. They support many green movements and protecting the planet and wildlife is their priority.
When Cocan asked me to review their raw, organic cold pressed coconut oil, I was delighted. I have found each brand has slightly different qualities, so I was intrigued as to what this once could offer.
I have tried many brands and I am pleased to say this one is my favorite so far. Firstly, because its organic and raw, second of all, the coconut hues are detectable which I love.
I personally like to store in my fridge, but you can also store at room temperature if you prefer. Be aware - it will melt if stored over 25 degrees. I have been using this it a lot in smoothies, and also I never use olive oil now to cook with. Did you know that when olive oil reaches boiling point it release toxins? I can't wait to start exploring all the other uses.
For a 500 ml jar, it only cost £9.95 and it will last ages, as you only need a small amount for every use . You can purchase here. For each purchase they donate 0.25p to the World Wildlife Federation and they ship worldwide.
Love Ellie x
* This product was sent to me for review but all thoughts and opinions are my own*
Thursday, 30 July 2015
The lovely Sarah at Run, Jump, Scrap nominated me to do this challenge, so here we go!
1) Name 3 people dead or alive you would have dinner with and why
Audrey Hepburn - So I could gawp at her all night and ask her for style tips.
Deliciously Ella - She is an inspiration!
Bryan Cranston - A talented actor and he fascinates me.
2) Why did you start blogging?
To give me something to do on the night feeds!
3) Where is your favourite place in the world?
Either Barbados or New York
4) What is your favourite perfume (if you wear it)?
Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao
5) Most embarrassing moment?
Breaking a heel at liverpool street station which sent me flying head first with loads of good looking policeman watching.
6) If you could learn a (or another) language what would it be?
Polish. I think it is necessary these days..
7) Favourite film?
Breakfast at Tiffanys
8) Thing that annoys you the most?
Mothers who boast about how their children never set a foot wrong.
9) Android or Apple?
I hate to have to say this but Apple
10) You have £1000 to spend in a shop - which shop and what would you buy?
Space NK - Have you been in there?!I would splurge on everything NARS, and Luxury body and skincare. 1k wouldn't get you too much.
11) What is your best feature?
I think my positivity. Physically, probably my eyes?!
Now here are my 11 questions, if anyone wants to have a go, I shall tag you !
1. What annoys you about other bloggers?
2. What is your favourite make up brand?
3. Favourite food?
4. Favourite social media platform and why?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. Ever done the walk of shame after a night out?
7. What is your home decor style?
8. What annoys you the most about your other half?
9. If you had the choice, what country would you live in?
10. Was there anything you wish you had done before you had children ( if you have dont have any, general regrets) ?
11. What are your personal goals for the next year?
So, give it a go, I dare you!
Love Ellie x
Wednesday, 29 July 2015
I am having a serious love affair with middle eastern decor at the moment. Everything from Persian, to Turkish and Moroccan. What draws me to this style are the colors and intricate detailing. This type of decor always transports me to a mental oasis. I have been scouring Pinterest to fuel my fantasies!
So courtesy of Pinterest, here are some of my decor swoons....
Oh so aesthetically pleasing! However, it wouldn't be appropriate in our home as I don't think toys strewn around the floor and bits of scrambled egg everywhere will compliment this little beauty.
Notorious for their quality, I might invest in some as I am fed up of towels that go crusty in the washing machine, and these are reasonably inexpensive.
Such a diverse item. I would use these to serve up food if a guest came, as a centre piece or on the bedside table to store trinkets.
Lebanese Style Bedroom
Not all middle eastern decor is bright and colorful, some is about clean lines with statement pieces.
Hammam Style Bathroom
Looks like a spa doesn't it?! You could easily transform any bathroom into this with the right accessories and paint.
Moroccan Style Bedroom
This is stunning but totally impractical. However, you could take inspiration from the features and create your own version.
Love Ellie x
Monday, 27 July 2015
I can do the 5am wake up calls . I can do tantrums in restaurants. I can do food splatters all over my white top first thing in the morning. I can do teething. It is wonderful you are mobile now, but want to know what induces a heart attack in your mama?
1. Confusing the sofa with a trampoline only to fall off and split your head open . Not just the once. This causes me to loose sleep/appetite and generally spend days beating myself up.
2. Pulling wine off the shelf in a supermarket, bored when it smashes onto the floor and onto the next victim ( usually a bottle of gin or vodka).
3. Eating stones, snails and cigarette butts. They look very edible son but they are NOT.
4 .As soon as the dishwasher is open, you are instantly attracted to the knife. Everytime. Never the plastic bowl.
5. Attempting to swallow bread sticks whole. It is a given you have skills and I am confident one day you could be a fire eater, but I still think this may not end well.
6. Immunizations. After every one, it ends up in some kind of reaction and fever for days, which means I am up all night syringing water into your mouth , checking you are breathing, and then scurry off to google meningitis symptoms for hours and if anyone has ever died from these jabs.
7. Rock climbing in your cot. I am waiting for the day you go head first.
8. Putting your hand into your nappy the moment you have been for a number 2, only to smear it all over the walls, your face and cot. I don't think it is nutritious baby boy and I don't know what would happen if you got it in your eye or swallowed it! I don't think I want to know either!
Your still resemble clyde from everywhich way is loose and I love watching you find your feet, but you do scare me.A LOT. Despite all this, I love you more every day my little angel.
Love Mama xxx
Sunday, 26 July 2015
I am not sure why, but the brand Nip + Fab has never really appealed to me. Granted, it is very popular and even Kylie Jenner is the brand's ambassador, but that still didn't do it for me. The brand was founded by Maria Hatzistefanis who founded the fabulous Rodial Skincare. After looking into their products, they do a huge range of affordable skin and body care.
It was time for a new body butter, and this was on offer, so I gave it a go.
I totally eat my words. I love this body butter! The smell is is like an ice cream sundae. The body butter glided on smoothly and made my skin really soft. The scent also has real lasting power.
All their body butters have really interesting names which also drew me to this product. Others include Cherry Tarte, Coconut Latte and Mango Smoothie.
Each body butter cost £8.49 from Boots, but I got this in Savers from £3.99. The Body Shop Body Butter cost £13, so this product is a steal. The quality isn't as good as The Body Shop, but it is a close second.
Have you tried any other products from this range? Let me know if you have!
Love Ellie x
Thursday, 23 July 2015
Breakfast is my favourite meal and I ALWAYS make time for it. It does set me up for the day resulting in no snacking and waiting until lunch time.
These oats makes a great breakfast as they are packed with nutrients, very filling and delicious. This recipe serves 2.
2 handfuls of Blueberries
2 tbsp of Agave Nectar ( you could also use honey if you can't find this)
150g Organic Oats
200ml Coconut Almond Milk
4 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
1 tbsb Agave Nectar
1 tbsp Bee Pollen
1. Whiz up the blueberries and agave nectar in a blender until it forms a compote consistency and leave to one side.
2. Mix the oat mix in a bowl with a spoon until even ( as below).
3. In a pint glass, or mason jar, layer 1/3 oats, then add a layer of blueberry compote, then add more oats, another layer of compote, and the remaining oats. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
When ready to eat, sprinkle the bee pollen.
Love Ellie x